Social share with Xamarin.Forms
Today, I am going to teach you about Social sharing with Xamarin.Forms.
Technically, there is no inbuilt class or method to perform a social share in Xamarin.Forms.
So, How we are going to do this.
Dependancy services ?
Yes, that’s the only way…
1. Create a Xamarin.Forms project.
2. Create a HomePage and set it as the MainPage in App.xaml.
3. Create following classes.
IShareService.cs in PLC project
ShareService.cs in .Droid project
ShareService.cs in .iOS project
ShareService.cs in .Droid
ShareService.cs in .iOS
Now our SocialShare service is ready for use.
3. Add a button with event handler in HomePage.
You can share,
Link, Youtube Video, Picture url or Text.
4. Compile and run on Android.
5. Compile and run on iOS.
Source code available in https://github.com/hiranpeiris/SocialApp